is looking for a
GENERAL OFFICE ASSISTANTÂ
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a successful Sales and Marketing department at Assay Office Birmingham
We are looking for a General Office Assistant to work in the Sales & Marketing department at Assay Office Birmingham. The General Office Assistant will be involved in supporting all aspects of the Sales and Marketing Departmentâs activities for all divisions of The Assay Office; Hallmarking, AnchorCert Gem Lab, SafeGuard Jewellery Valuations, The Laboratory, as well as the Heritage and Training Department.
Duties will include inputting data into the customer database, producing and sending out information, speaking to customers on the phone and in person and a wide variety of general administrative duties such as preparing mail shots and working with the bespoke CRM database.Â The assistant will have specific responsibility on a daily basis for ensuring public areas of The Assay Office are tidy and properly prepared for external meetings and training courses. This includes making teas and coffees and some associated administrative duties.
- An articulate, enthusiastic, reliable, self motivated and well organised individual who is able to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative.
- Flexibility, a positive attitude and a willingness to adapt and re-prioritise tasks as circumstances change is important.
- The successful applicant will be personable and well presented and have some experience in a similar role.
- Good keyboard skills and the ability to input data methodically and accurately is essential. Computer literacy, including e mails, websites and social media is essential. Knowledge and experience of excel and powerpoint Â is highly desirable
- Any previous knowledge of the Jewellery Industry, Assaying, Precious Metals, Nickel Testing or Diamond Grading is not essential but would be a bonus
This a 37.5 hour per week position, over five days. It offers a salary of circa Â£13,500 per annum depending on experience.
Â Closing Date for all applications is 3Â March 2014
For an application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0121 236 6951.