Closing Date: 25th February 2019
Hours: 37 hours per week
- To work with the Technical Director to complete the agreed Research & Development programmes in accordance with company objectives.
- Responsibility for technical aspects of the development process including setting up of test matrices, test development and validation, test scheduling and the interpretation and reporting of resulting data.
- Testing of materials and components across a wide range of properties/characteristics, identifying and qualifying new raw materials, dealing with suppliers.
- Where required, represent the company in technical committees and other industry activities.
- Maintain appropriate level of technical expertise and self-development through study, seminars, etc. and keep informed of advanced developments and regulatory changes to identify new business opportunities.
- Complete special assignments and participate in project teams as required for business needs and for your personal development.
- Develop and maintain a strong customer service team working ethic with clear and concise communication, mutual support and providing a coherent and consistent approach to the service and its delivery.
- Complete in-depth analysis and interpretation of data or test results while providing a detailed and accurate test report to the customer in a timely manner.
- Provide support to operations as required.
Person Specification & Key Experience
- Strong chemistry based educational background, minimum BSc chemistry, along with relevant work place laboratory experience and skills.
- Strong analytical, report writing, IT and communication skills.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Strongly driven in the quest for knowledge and in completion of tasks.
- Confident presenter of results for internal and client facing meetings.
- Use appropriate methodology to improve the performance, in line with identified technical and business needs.
- Create and maintain accurate records in accordance with established company policy and research requirements.
- May coordinate several work streams in parallel and may assume project leader responsibility.
- Supportive and collaborative.
- Strong health and safety awareness.
To apply for this role, click the apply button, please attach your CV and a covering letter to our Recruitment Team. No agencies please.