Closing Date: 30th August 2019
Hours: 37 hours per week
This is an ideal opportunity for a newly qualified Gemmologist looking to experience working in a commercial laboratory, or a flexible competent administrator to learn new skills. The role will be to carry out all administration roles within the AnchorCert Gem lab. Delivering excellent internal and external customer service and supporting the gemmology procedures by assisting with agreed operational duties.
Main Duties of Job:
- Gain and maintain a thorough understanding of all services provided by the Anchorcert Gem lab to provide customers with accurate information on products, services, lead-times and prices
- Receipt of work into the department, undertake contract review on orders received and deal effectively with customer communications
- Accurately and efficiently booking in work received; item photography, accurate data entry into to sales order and operational processing system
- Operational support; use of equipment that supports gemmological procedures, e.g. performing calibration checks, operating DiamondSure (screening) , SynthDetect, (synthetic diamond screening), Sarin Diamension (to obtain accurate stone cut grade and dimensions, X-Ray (pearl analysis)
- Invoice generation, packing & despatching completed work by post/courier and via customer service counter. Taking payments as required
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent customer service delivery ethos
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Willing and able to develop technical knowledge of products and services offered
- Quality focussed; Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Computer literate and proficient at using Microsoft Office products
- Self-motivated and able to prioritise work with minimal supervision across a variety of tasks.
- Team player – must proactively support colleagues to meet department and customer requirements.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude.
- Good time management
- Recent qualified Gemmologist/Diamond Grader by recognised authority e.g BCU/GIA
- Experience /enthusiasm of gemmology & diamond grading
- Trade or jewellery experience
To apply for this role, click the apply button, please attach your CV and a covering letter to our Recruitment Team. No agencies please.